The Northumberland Archives Trust is a charity. As a charity, it relies on the generosity of its members and supporters to help it achieve its central purpose – to assist in preserving Northumberland’s rich resource of archives and records and to make them available to all. Find out how you can help by clicking on one of the buttons above.
Become a Member
As a Member your annual subscription will help ensure Northumberland Archives Trust fulfils its mission to open the riches of Northumberland’s archives to as many people as possible.
By becoming a Member, you will:
- Receive regular updates on the work of the Archives Service and on projects funded through the Trust
- Learn of talks and other events arranged by the Service in partnership with the Trust
- Attend an exclusive Annual Lecture exploring intriguing aspects of the County’s past and other topics of interest
- Attend an Annual Meeting at which members of the Trust’s Board set out the Trust’s plans for the future.
Our Current Membership Fees :
- Individual Membership - £10.00
- Couple/Family - £15.00
- Corporate - £50.00
To become a member, please click on the link below to enter our online membership system where you can register your details.
Become a Patron
Patrons of the Trust commit to making an annual donation to the charity of at least £100. (The donation may be made either by an individual or through a charitable trust.) In return for this, they become a member of the Patron’s Club and are able to:
- Attend an annual social event at which they can meet the Trustees and other Patrons of the Trust
- Join in occasional behind-the-scenes tours and other activities
- Meet with the Trustees annually to discuss the future development of the Trust
Becoming a Patron may be of particular interest to supporters of the Trust who have lodged their family papers with the Archives Service.
To become a Patron, and for more information, please contact our Chair.
Make a Donation
The Northumberland Archives Trust’s aim is to improve access for everyone to Northumberland’s superb collection of archives and historic records. It does this by raising funds to ensure that primary source material is saved from destruction, collected, catalogued and digitised so that it becomes available to all. The Trust also works with the County’s Archives Service to promote knowledge and understanding of the varied and colourful source material which is available.
You can help that work by making a donation online. To do so, simply click the link here. Alternatively, you can make a donation by cheque – made payable to Northumberland Archives Charitable Trust – and sending it to:
The Hon. Treasurer, Northumberland Archives Trust
QEII Country Park
If you pay Income Tax, your donation can also be Gift Aided, which means the Trust will benefit from a tax rebate on the sum.
You can fill out our Gift Aid form when making donation.
The sort of uses to which we will put your gift include:
- Employment of temporary staff to help catalogue and digitise material
- Purchase of family and other documents to add to the collection
- Promoting the work of the Trust by way of lectures and exhibitions.
You can also donate to one of our specific projects by clicking the link to our Projects page here
If you would like to contact a member of the Trust Board about making a larger donation, the gift of a legacy or donating your own family papers, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northumberland Archives Trust is run entirely by volunteers. There are many ways in which, as a volunteer, you can help the Trust – and through it, the Archives Service – to preserve Northumberland’s past for the sake of its future. These include, among others, membership liaison and support, events organisation, fundraising and the website.
For further information, please email: email@example.com When you do so, please say in which particular aspect of the Trust’s work your interests and skills lie.